What is HealthLINC DIRECT Secure Email?
DIRECT Secure Email is a secure, encrypted web-based communication system for physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and other healthcare providers to share protected health information (PHI) with providers outside of their organization.
Regular e-mail, fax, or snail mail involves the inherent risks of information being compromised or accessed by unauthorized users. Direct messaging is HIPAA-compliant and mitigates these risks by providing an easy way for health care providers to securely share patient information electronically with providers who are outside of their internal system.
Practical uses for DIRECT Secure Email
- Primary Care Provider refers a patient to a specialist
- Specialist sends a care summary back to a referring provider
- Behavioral Health Provider verifies patient meds with the hospital pharmacy
- Care Coordinator shares care plans with providers, Medicaid, or other payers
Benefits of DIRECT Secure Email
- Replaces non-secure fax, phone, mail, and other courier methods for delivery of PHI, thus reducing cost for physician offices and hospital medical record departments
- Meaningful Use Compliant
To learn how HealthLINC's DIRECT Secure Email can help you contact us today!